Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Coffeeneuring 2020 "Week" #4: Ridgedale

Becca with some Ridgedale street art

Coffeeneuring: riding bikes, drinking coffee, seven times, seven places, seven weeks; there's some rules.  
  
Better late than never. The devils conspired against me this week. And it seemed like the fourth coffeeneuring ride might not happen. Reid and I could not get our schedules to align. Yesterday's solo ride didn't happen either. But today, I prevailed and squeezed in a quick ride around the neighborhood with Rebecca and made an extra delicious cup of hyper caffeinated coffee to fuel our election results watching.

About the ride: We were squaunched for time -- a new pup at home, the sun setting an hour earlier, and election results that my job requires me to watch and pay attention to -- so we rode around our neighborhood in Chattanooga's southside: Ridgedale. We love our neighborhood and its quirks and charms: abandoned factories, pit bulls on chains of unknown lengths (we have a pitty now too but she stays inside), and corn growing in front yards.

I rode my tracklocross bike which is never not fun and always makes me feel a little more punk rock. It bunny hops manhole covers, jumps ditches and curbs, rips back alley gravel, and is just an all around funhog. I love singlespeeds. And if I ever get a "real mountain bike", it'll have one forking speed.

The best part was that Becca came along and we got to talk about our days and the election and it was really quite nice albeit way too short. 

"Tennessee Molasses"

 
About the coffee: The short, flat ride allowed me to splurge on the coffee this week. I made a version of "Tennessee Molasses," an aeropress brewed coffee infused with Dr. Pepper, which I would order as a treat from The Well Coffeehouse in Nashville when I would visit Rebecca there. Here's the recipe:
  • Grind ~20 grams of coffee (I used Perc Coffee Guatemala Asprocdegua)
  • Cover coffee with Dr. Pepper and let bloom. 
  • Stir
  • Fill the chamber with Dr. Pepper 
  • Wait 2 minutes
  • Press over ice
  • Add remaining Dr. Pepper to taste 

Date: 11.3.20
Location: 35°01'33.8"N 85°16'12.8"W
Bike: tracklocross rig AKA "The People's Bike"
Coffee: aeropress brewed Perc Coffee Guatemala Asprocdegua, infused with Dr. Pepper 
Miles: 3.5 (strava)

"The Peoples' Bike" with some Ridgedale street art


 

No comments:

Post a Comment